Friday, November 13, 2009

Just out of the orphanage!

Jacksonville, September 24, 2009

Dear Friends,

My name is Olivia (Miss Olivia). I am a black, 7-pounder, sleek feline lady (felis catus), with big green eyes. Yesterday, while minding my own business in my tiny 2-story penthouse condominium at the JAHUSO (Jacksonville Humane Society) Hotel, two ladies unceremoniously tried to catch me. No way José! Then HE came, he’s a good ear-scratchier, so I surrendered. He has a strange name. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was not a non-voting foreigner in our country! I think I even purred. Anyway, to make a long story short I decided to adopt those two individuals of the human species. They took me home in a Cadillac! Their place though was a let-down, after the Cadillac ride, I had expected a mansion, but no, all’s on one floor. No stairs to run up and down.

They told me stories about a Monsieur Gene and a Miss Kitty, I take it those were the previous owners of my humans. I couldn’t find out what happened to them…. Maybe they ate them. You never know with humans! Take me, I was so cute, tender and lovingly, still the previous humans I owned dropped me off at the pound like a broken toy. So for a while I just sit under the dresser in the so-called guest bedroom and survey the situation. The female human seems nice though. She looks like she has a comfortable lap to curl up on. I’ll give it another day or two.

Just one last piece of advice, should my humans invite you over for dinner, and you don’t see me under the dresser or anywhere else in the place: eat only the vegetables!

I attach a glamour shot of myself so that you can give the police a description should I end up in a stir-fry!

Tata for now!

Olivia (Miss)



No comments:

Post a Comment