Thursday, December 10, 2009

Letter from Bogey, a feline from St. Simons Island, Georgia


Dear Miss Olivia,

I, too, own a couple of humans that just happen to be friends of your new “adopted” humans. I am named for a famous movie star: Monsieur Humphrey Bogart, but they just call me Bogey for short. I think I am a little bigger than you and a little older and wiser, but I am a pretty sight (grey and white long hair) for a male. I know we would look good together. I know the man extremely well. I met him the day my humans brought me home. He was so nice and played with me all night. I heard he was instrumental in my getting an interview before I adopted them. He is a foreigner, but a nice one, not one of those terrorist. (But he is a Democrat). She even got used to me and played a bit. Even though they moved to Jacksonville, I still remember them and am always so happy and excited when they come to visit.

Don’t be too distressed over a one-story flat. I also live in a one story domicile. It is easy to run around from place to place. Dressers and beds can be fun to hide under….no one can easily get you out if you are pouting. And I know that you have a screen porch like I do. That can be fun to see what is available in case you can ever get outside to hunt. It might be pretty difficult for you to do. If not, your humans can provide you with some play toys to hunt. They are well-trained and know what to do. Other fine felines have previously adopted them.

I am very happy to hear from you and we will stay in touch and share any “tricks” our humans might not know. I don’t think you have to worry about being a “stir-fry”. They like swimmers, better.

My best regards for now,

Humphrey Bogart, Esq.

No comments:

Post a Comment