Saturday, December 26, 2009

Letter to Poli, a feline from Luxembourg, Europe

Jacksonville, October 6, 2009

Dear Poli,

This little note to let you know that I am still alive and well. I am even gaining weight (need to watch it!). I think I like it here! My humans are OK and we communicate well. In a few weeks I'll have them fully trained.
I am excited to learn a new language (one of my humans is a foreigner!). Here are some of the expressions I already master:
Domm Katz = Pretty Kitty.
Bleiw do ewech! = Continue what you are doing!
Komm hei! = Go away!
Gei mir vum Leiw! = Come here!
Being a native, I am sure you know all those expressions and act accordingly.
Anyhow, just wanted to let you know that I am doing just fine!
Take care of your human,

Bye for now,

Olivia (Miss)

(Note: As all cats Olivia developed her own understanding of languages …. A human would equate the spoken words as follows: domm Katz = stupid cat – bleiw do ewech = get away from there – komm hei = come here – gei mir vum Leiw = get away from me …. But that’s not what felines hear!)

No comments:

Post a Comment