Thursday, January 7, 2010

Greetings from Luxembourg

Luxembourg, January 7, 2010

Dear Olivia,

First of all I wish you a Happy New Year!
I know that I promised you last October to write a letter, but you know…time passes so quickly…
But I regularly read your blog (in fact ‘Mama’ (the Luxemburgish word for mummy), my human mum reads it and then gives me the news … Really very nice and funny….
I think that you do really stupid things like eating ornaments off the cat's tree. I never did that. I am a nice and good boy. (Maybe Mama doesn’t have the same opinion ….)
Did your humans make Christmas decoration? My Mama did, and she explained to me that I was not permitted to touch. I am well educated and I mind. But you know same procedure as every year …. I exactly knew that not touching would bring me two gifts. ;-)
One gift I got on the 6th of December, Kleeseschersdâg (St. Nick's Day in English). On that day good children get gifts here in Luxembourg and my Mama always says that I am her only child ;-). The second gift, I received on Christmas Day. Mmmmhhhhh …..my presents were very yummy. What about your Christmas presents?
I know that it’s difficult for you to understand your humans, because your human mum speaks English and your human dad sometimes Luxembourgish, you really need some Luxembourgish lessons. Maybe we are able to chat one day and then I will explain you the main words… that will be very funny.
Today it’s snowing outside and it’s very cold. In winter I don’t often go out. My Mama says that it’s better to do so, not to catch a cold. And I hate to go and see the doctor. Thank God, my best friend Olaf (a British shorthair cat) from the 3rd floor comes to visit me regularly, so it’s not so boring. Yesterday morning he woke me up at 7 o’clock and stayed with me the whole day long. Then we play a lot, such as catching and so on.
It’s nearly noon now here in Luxembourg and I’m very hungry….so I leave you for today.

A big Mmmrrraaouu......
Poli
Your friend from Luxembourg.

No comments:

Post a Comment